The Starfish Baby

Each baby I've been given the honor to carry, has always received a nickname.  It's a nice way to personalize each baby when you don't know the gender and I think it's been a great way for Josh and myself to bond with each baby too. 

Our first baby, which we lost after I had only known I was pregnant for about a week and a half, was nicknamed Baby Champ.  This was because throughout the short pregnancy, I was bleeding a lot and had also lost my brother.  We thought that if this baby could pull through all that, he/she was certainly a champion.

Our second baby, which we miscarried at 10.5 weeks, was given the name Baby Poggie.  POG stands for Pot of Gold.  I had been driving home from work one day, feeling extra nervous and scared and frightened about the pregnancy and had seen a beautiful rainbow.  Rainbows have always had a big significance in my family.  We've always talked about them and thought they were a way for our angels to kinda say hi to us and let us know they were watching over us and I felt more peaceful seeing that rainbow and the nickname was born from that.

When being pregnant with my twins, they had two main nicknames.  One was The Sprouts, which was because they were due in May when things were going to be springing up and growing just like my belly.  I always thought it was cute to picture them as two little potatoes :)  That was the most common name for them.  Josh and I also called them Orangejello and Lemonjello, which were two actual given names to twins my mom took care of in the NICU.

As soon as I found out I was pregnant with this time, as per usual, my mom immediately asked me what this baby might be called.  She loved coming up with or hearing about these nicknames just as much or more than I did.  Because of 'my crazy,' I didn't want to talk about it... hello?! I just found out I was pregnant lady!  But, she persisted, also as usual :)  We knew I had gotten pregnant sometime at the end of July or early August, which was clearly summer so we wanted to come up with something summery.  We threw around several options and one was The Starfish Baby.  I wasn't sure if I liked that yet so I decided to think on it.  The more I thought about that, the more that name made sense for more reasons than just the summer thing.  Starfish have five radiating arms.  This would be the FIFTH baby I would carry.  Also, if/when this baby was born (see, 'my crazy' dictates that I put if), he/she would make us into a family of FIVE: Josh, Kristin, Nolan, Judah, and Hundt Baby 3.  This name was perfect. 

Way to go, Mom, you hit this one out of the park. 

Starfish Baby, we can't wait to meet you.
<3  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear School Board Members

Bikini Body Mommy and Diastasis Recti

Drugs AREN'T funny