Nolan and Judah's 1st Birthday Party

It's been two months since Nolan and Judah's first birthday party and I am just now posting about it...

I think about blogging often, knowing how good and proud it makes me feel to stay updated on what's happening, but experiencing life with Nolan and Judah gets in the way; I guess that's as good an excuse as any.

Anyways...  A few days after the boys' first birthday, we had our family over for a little party.  Josh and I wanted to keep it simple and small, but I still found myself stressing over every little details trying to make it perfect.  I poured over theme ideas and what gifts we would buy them, what the invitation would look like, and where to get the cake from.  AH!  I can't even have our families over without stressing.

When looking for theme ideas, I wanted it to be special to our family.  I thought about our favorite things we do together and that led me to think about books.  My boys love books and reading has been a part of our sleep/nap routine since they were born.  This led me to think about the books they like best and how I could turn one of those books into a 1st birthday theme.  Some finalists were Jolly Olly Octopus, Peek A Who?, Where's my Sweetie Pie, and Violet's House, but the book that I kept coming back to was Goodnight Moon: a timeless classic.  When I presented a few ideas to Josh, he kept going back to Goodnight Moon too and thus, a theme was born. 

Invitation

Cake from Tom's in Okemos (Used to be L&L) they did an AMAZING job!


Food: bowl full of mush (guacamole), and the little rabbit reading Goodnight Moon


"and there were three little bears, sitting on chairs" we had Teddy Grahams to fit with that part


The cow jumping over the moon :)


dessert table with cake and pictures of the boys from every month!


"And a quiet old bunny rabbit who whispered 'hush'"

On May 10th, a Saturday, our family came over around lunchtime to celebrate with us.  All my sisters were there and some of their nuncles (my sister's boyfriends who aren't quite officially uncles yet so we call them nuncles - credit to Rachel and Evan for thinking of that), Aunt Jessica, Uncle Lance, Aunt Megan, and both sets of grandparents plus my Grandma Ort, aka Nolan and Judah's Nonnie. 

We ate, had cake, and opened up presents.  I specifically asked people NOT to bring gifts (after all, we surely have enough toys and clothes not to mention Nolan and Judah's favorite "toys" are remotes, pots, pans, shoes, water bottles, and kitchen utensils), but no one listened ;) 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
Um yeah, my boys like cake...

we needed a quick bath before presents
 
They were very excited about their gifts
 Some highlights were getting a picnic table from Grandma and Grandpa Hundt, lots of awesome pool supplies from Grammy and Grandpa and Aunt Colleen, Laura, and Rachel, and needle point art from Aunt Megan.  Not to mention teeth brushes from Aunt Jessica (Nolan and Judah are obsessed with brushing their teeth). 

We are SOOOOOOOOOO lucky to have the family we do and to have most of them live close by.  I've said this before, but I've always been appreciative for this, but after having kids, I am even more grateful.  Nolan and Judah are spoiled with love, that is for certain. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear School Board Members

Bikini Body Mommy and Diastasis Recti

Drugs AREN'T funny