Carter Pavona Hundt: Month 10

Our not so little Bing Bong is TEN months old.  Here's what's been up with him...

What We Learned About Carter:
This month Carter has been all about practicing to walk.  He LOVED to use the toy walker thing we have and he also likes to practice while holding on to someone's hands.  He can stand on his own now for a moment, but hasn't been brave enough to try to move his legs.  I'm assuming taking steps will be anytime now.  Since day one, he's been wanting to do what his brothers are doing; certainly walking is no exception.  His brothers are doing a fantastic job of making sure he stays safe.  If we are upstairs in a bedroom, Judah will rush to shut the door so Carter can't crawl away to head for the stairs.  If we are in our family room, they will make sure he stays there so he doesn't go heading towards the basement stairs.  Nolan and Judah, especially Judah, love to regulate on his behavior and make sure he's not touching, eating, or going near anything he shouldn't.  It's cute to watch, but they need to cut him a little slack too.  He needs to explore and touch and experience things and of course is always under safe surveillance from Josh and I.   

He's definitely still in the stage or not wanting to be left alone (was he ever NOT in that stage?! I'm not sure).  If he is in a room solo for even a few seconds, he breaks down into tears.  

Diaper changes have been SUCH a struggle with him.  He HATES them...just hates them.  He cries, flops all over like a fish, and tries to crawl away.  This in of itself is not easy, but then, heaven forbid he should successful get away, he will no doubt pee on the floor within a minute or two.  

Carter loves to play peek-a-boo and he will lead it himself.  His favorite is to go behind a closet door and then open it up and peek his head through and then repeat and repeat and repeat.  It's so stinking adorable I can't even.  

I've been paranoid he won't like books as much as his brothers do.  Nolan and Judah, especially Nolan, will pick up books to read before most any other toy and they've always been that way. When they were little, we would spend a good chunk of the day reading books.  With Carter, I am having to do things to keep him busy and also things to keep his brothers busy so reading happens, a lot, but not as much as it used to.  Carter is a lot more into doing what his brothers are doing than sitting and exploring through a book.  This month, though, he's been much more engaged in them, which has been great.  He maintains the same favorites, but also likes Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do You See?, Where's My Sweetie Pie?, and any touch/feel book.  

He's been great in the bathtub lately and is turning into quite the little fish, just like his brothers.

Some Firsts:
-February 22nd --> Stood on his own for the first time
-Early March --> Tries spaghetti for the first time... such an important milestone for a Pavona
-Carter can also wave now

What I Learned About Being a Mom:
This month, I've been more disciplined with my fitness.  Josh and I got a membership to Planet Fitness in January and I've been going, but back problems and a couple of bouts of sickness did not allow me to get as consistent with it as I would like.  This month, I've been going there as well as doing some workouts at home.  I am trying to workout two or three days a week and I'm satisfied with that for now.  It's been ten months since I've had a baby, I guess it's about time I exercise a little more ;) It's been a lot harder to "bounce back" after Carter... working out is just not a priority for me right this second.

Josh and I don't have much alone time together.  We cherish and look forward to the time after all three boys are in bed and the rare occasions where I don't have school work to do or there isn't a huge amount of cleaning to do either. If a "free night" arises, we've been "celebrating" often by getting some kind of treat, which is usually ice cream.  It was becoming like an equation.  No work or household commitments + everyone in bed = FOOD.  It was like a date night for us; we don't get out much afterall :)

Lent started this month and both Josh and I gave us sweets.  This has been a HUGE punch in the face to our routine in a good way.  Instead of vegging out and eating ice cream, we've played some board games, or vegging out without the food and that's been totally fine.  Eating less junk coupled with exercising a bit more consistently has been helpful for my overall psyche.

I went to our family doctor about my back this month as well.  I have pulled some kind of muscle that keeps getting re-injured in all the regular human lifting and chasing I'm doing all the time, but I also had him take a look at my abdomen as well.  A while back, after Nolan and Judah were born, I wrote about having diastasis recti, which is a separating of your abdominal muscles.  I've felt like, after Carter, that's even gotten worse.  It's hard to describe without seeing, but my stomach is saggy; like supper saggy.  Also, when I wake up, my stomach looks kinda flatish... by the time I'm done eating throughout the day, I look like I'm at least 25 weeks pregnant.  My belly button is still popped out and sticks out terribly.  My whole stomach area really is in bad shape.

At first, as I was describing, the doctor was blowing it off as no big deal, just like my OBGYN did.  Then he had me lay down so he could feel around a bit.  As he was doing that, his face looked a little weirded out. I said, "yeah, not normal right?!" and he said with absolute certainty "Nope, not at all."  He shared with me that basically I have no abdominal muscles at all; nothing is holding in any of the important organs around there and that basically, if he pushed enough, he could've probably went from my belly button and felt all the way to my spine.  It was important for me to hear and confirm that my stomach area is not normal.  It cannot be corrected with exercises, but only surgery.  He seemed to think that I might need  a fake netting of some sort put in to hold everything in place.  I am BEYOND thankful Nolan and Judah were big big babies, but MAN did they mess me up.  I'm not sure what I will do about this, but it was comforting to be taken seriously about it.  I'm well aware your body changes after pregnancy, but I'd sure like my organs to be protected in there. Sheesh.    


First Valentine's Day <3

Not sure he likes playing in the snow
This is Carter. 

Lots of snow during this month! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear School Board Members

Bikini Body Mommy and Diastasis Recti

Drugs AREN'T funny