Best Christmas Present: First Outside Kicks

December 26th: 19 weeks, 2 days
Today is the anniversary of Josh and my first date which took place December 26th, 2000.  On that night, Josh came over, we sledded in my cul-da-sac on huge hill of snow, and watched In the Army Now.  We also had our first kiss. 

12 years later, on that same day, while watching TV, I thought I felt a kick on the outside in the lower left part of my stomach while Josh was at work.  I have never felt something like that and was so hopeful that was really what I was feeling, but tried not to get my hopes up. 

Later that night, after saying our nightly prayers, I asked the babies, "Did you really kick me today?"  I swear I felt a little wack to the left of my belly button.  Josh felt it too! 

Could it be?  That little reassure I've been getting on the inside that things are okay with the babies could be happening on the outside?! 

My heart could not have swelled any bigger. 

The fact that Josh and I could share it together on such a special day for us was even better. 

No matter how worried I continue to be, I will admit, I am SO in love with these babies already! 

Keep praying...Keep hoping...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear School Board Members

Bikini Body Mommy and Diastasis Recti

Drugs AREN'T funny