Sunday, December 28, 2014

How Hundt Baby 3 Came to be

All readers of this post should get their mind out of the gutter....  What did you expect to read about here?!?!

Just kidding!

I'm sure you are reading this post expecting to hear about medicines and shots and appointments and the discovery that through all that, we got pregnant with baby number three, but this time, our story isn't like that...

Friday August 15th, 2014:
It was a fairly typical Friday night for Josh and I.  We had gotten the boys off to bed and were getting ready for bed ourselves trying to decide whether to watch an hour-long show on Netflix like Orange is the New Black or to stick with something quicker like How I Met Your Mother.  Exciting life we lead,  I know.

Josh and I were signed up to run in a 5k/10k the following day for the St. Casimir Corn Roast.  The boys went down to bed late and terribly so we were discussing if we would ever wake them up in order to get us both to the race on time.  The verdict was that if they slept in later, I would just not run in the race; I had done several 5ks so no biggie for me.  I insisted that Josh still run in his race, a 10k, because he had never done that before. 

On a whim, I felt like I should also take a pregnancy test to help me decide if I were going to run in this race.  If I were pregnant, I wouldn't run in the race, I knew, because I'm crazy.  I don't need you to tell me that exercise is completely safe during pregnancy, I know that, I really do.  However, going through all our infertility troubles makes me feel like I should basically sit with my legs in the air for nine months while pregnant.  Walking is about the only activity I allow myself to take part in.  That's my crazy talking people, it's there, it's not going anywhere, I accept it.

I had planned on taking one in a few days anyway, so why not now?

Watching TWO lines show up on the pregnancy test gave me a shock... a complete jolt.  I showed the POSITIVE pregnancy test to Josh, who was brushing his teeth at the time, and he spit all the toothpaste out of his mouth.     

As with my other three pregnancies, after the shock, comes the tears and this one was no different.  The tears were from my worry that sets in instantly, the tears were from happiness to be once again having the honor and privilege to be pregnant, and the tears were from the overwhelming feeling of shock and joy that we had just conceived a baby all by ourselves; no medicine, no doctor's appointments, no help of any kind. 

Could this really be?!?!?  There was a lot up in the air that now completely NOT normal Friday night, but two things were certain:
1. I would not be running in that 5k the following day
2. My first stop, after the race, would be to a Sparrow lab to get my blood drawn. 

There are no words here that could ever begin to describe how crazy it is to be sitting here, writing about being pregnant on my own.  This was a hope, a dream, a wish that has been gone for like five years now.  I have long since made peace with the fact that Josh and I would need support/assistance/help in creating out family.

Did we really just do this on our own?! 

Fingers crossed, many, many prayers sent...

No comments:

Post a Comment