#OneWord 2018: Less

I don't know why, but each year, I love to decide, as many others do, to try to sum up my new year goals, resolutions, and changes with only one word.  I do find this incredibly challenging since I am not concise and am always striving to change and improve 783 things at once.  How can I sum up all that in one word?! 

After much reflection and thought, I've decided that my #oneword for 2018 is less

Less can often be a word that has a negative connotation: being less happy, caring less, giving less effort towards something, spending less time with someone.  For me though, this year, I'm hoping this word helps me gain more.  

I couple of things I'm going to try to do less of...
- worry less about things I cannot control
- spend less time on things I don't want to do
- purge things in my house so that there are less things, less clutter
- spend less time ignoring myself
- get up less early in the morning (please, please, please)
- say yes less
- check my email less 
- be winded less (I MUST EXERCISE)
- spend less time making decisions
- know my boundaries and limits and stick to them so I am ultimately juggling less

I also can't use the word less without making a reference to eating less or eating less junk food (I'm afraid #hundtbaby4 will pop out a pizza, cookie, or piece of chocolate... like really).

I want to think less, do less, give less, get less worried, and less fired up about things that aren't mine.

As a detailed-oriented perfectionist control freak, I will often take on more and more and more and it can be really damaging.  I can get overwhelmed, frustrated, and begin acting as though my priorities are different than what I actually know them to be. 

I hope that lessening a lot of things will help me get more of what I really want: more family time, more connection with friends, more time to do what I love

I find myself constantly searching for more balance and more peace.

Less can be my key to finding these values that always seem unreachable for me.  

What is your #oneword for 2018?

HAPPY NEW YEAR! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear School Board Members

Bikini Body Mommy and Diastasis Recti

Drugs AREN'T funny