PRESTON HURON: MONTH 3 AND 4

I always seem to want to start posts like this, of updates, with something about time and how much it flies.  Preston, thankfully, is getting bigger every day, stronger every day, and somehow cuter every day.  I was just telling Josh the other day how much I am enjoying him.  Babies are amazing and that stage goes by like the quickest blink.  Because Preston is not a twin, because Carter and Preston are three years apart instead of two, and because Preston is my last baby, I am taking time to appreciate the busyness that comes from having an infant around and I truly am enjoying it.  

What We've Learned About Preston:
These past two months have been fun to be a part of- there's rolling over, a strong head in tummy time, laughs that sound like heaven, him smiling with his whole face anytime he sees his brothers or someone else familiar, baby coos that let us all know, in the midst of our busy lives with three other young kids, that he's here too, and the occasional wrench he throws in to let us know that he's a boss baby.

The most incredible thing about Preston during this summer is how flexible and adaptable he is.  I was legitimately afraid we may not leave the house much and what that might be like with four young boys cooped up inside all summer, but because of Preston's laid-back attitude and lack of crying for no reason, thank God, we've been able to exist in the outside world.  We've take several day trips, gone to the cottage for lots of days, visited people and had people visit.  We've done dinner with neighbors, spent lots of time swimming at my parents' pool, and hit up many a playground.  I'm not sure I would've thought that possible when some of my other children were little (cough cough Nolan) because there would've been too much fussing and crying.  
Catching some ZZZs after a full day of play

What we haven't done much of, however, is go to public places like stores with just Mama and the four boys.  There is not a cart that will fit us and just way too much can go awry. SOOOOOOOOO, there's been a lot of online shopping both for clothes and groceries when we've needed things.  

At the beginning of this third month, he went over 8 hours between meals.  Since, we've had some good sleep.  I'll just leave it at that.  I'm holding my breath and always ready for anything (especially the gnarly 4ish month sleep regression all my boys had trouble with), but I am SO grateful for any rest while I can get it.  


Some Firsts:
- 4th of July
My littlest nugget on the 4th of July 
- Trip To Holland, Michigan 
- Trip to an Ice Cream Store
- First Fully Day Away From Mama (I presented at a conference in early July)
- Trip to Visit School Section Lake Where Grandma and Grandpa Were Renting a Cottage
Enjoying the view on School Section Lake 
- Trip to Ann Arbor
- Bath With All Brothers
Splish splash, there's a lot of boys in this bath!
- Visit to Petoskey to Meet Colin and Aunt Ashley 
- First Michigan State Tailgate 

What I Learned About Being a Mom
I am so glad I know this is my last baby.  As I mentioned above, this knowledge allows me to enjoy things, be present, take it all in knowing this is it.  I'm sure it also allows more tears on my end because I cry every time something happens or stops happening.  This is my LAST FIRST roll over... stuff like that.

During his fourth month, I had planned on moving Preston from our room in his bassinet to his room in his crib.   I wanted to have this transition done, just like all my other boys, before I went back to work. Aaaaaaaaaaad, drumroll, I couldn't do it.  I want him to stay in my room forever.  I'll never have a little baby in my room again.  He's been a sensational roommate.  
Good morning! 
Speaking of this, I went back to work as the school year as started up again.  This is my last maternity leave ever.  So weird.  With maternity leave ending, new school year beginning, and Nolan and Judah going to kindergarten, I have been an absolute mess.  A basket case.  I was crying at an embarrassing level, like seriously. There is so much change signaled by this school year starting back up, but we are okay.  I am okay. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear School Board Members

Bikini Body Mommy and Diastasis Recti

Drugs AREN'T funny