COVID-19 Home Life: Week Six

I didn't really know what to write about this week.

Other weeks, I've had epiphanies or meltdowns or rocking successes or some real thoughtful reflections...

This one was, honestly, much of the same... teaching, learning, playing, fighting monotony, fighting anarchy, some days good, some days not. 

The weather has really been getting to me here in Michigan. It's been mostly crap and that makes everything that is already hard even harder. I'm to the point now where I am sick of being cold, sick of blizzard-feeling winds, sick of clouds to the point where I don't even want to go outside if it's below my expectations. 

All four of my boys have birthdays the first week of May. Back when the first stay at home order went through, in mid March, I was certain beyond belief that we'd be back at it by their birthdays. I never questioned their family birthday party having to be postponed. As the weeks have went by, it's sunk in more and more, for me and for them, that their birthdays will look a little different this year. 

Other noteworthy things from this week:

Smiles:

  • Nolan and Judah started their official remote learning school this week.
  • #hundtboysx4 did some awesome art.

  • Our family went 17 days between grocery store trips.
  • We've been reading some awesome books.

  • Our family watched fireworks from Cinderella's Castle one night and it made everything better. 
  • John Krasinski's "Some Good News" is giving us all life. 
  • I buzzed Judah and Carter's hair and it turned out really well! Nolan wants to grow his out so his hasn't been touched. For Preston's, go to the frowns hahahha

Frowns:

  • I feel incredibly inadequate to fulfill the needs of each of my children right now. For example,  on Monday, I was trying to sit with Judah while he was journaling. I had no idea what Carter was doing or where he was and Preston shut our cat Prim's tail in a door and also dumped a bag of Skittles all over our kitchen. I cannot give my children the one-on-one attention or differentiated learning that they deserve and need without my house lighting on fire.
  • We cut Preston's bangs because they were going in his eyes and now he looks a little like a Lego. Thank God we only did his bangs because I fear he would've had a gnarly bowl cut if we kept going. 

  • The 'Stay at Home Order' got extended. I knew this was coming, and I wasn't surprised, but it isn't good news.   
  • I have a lot of worries, questions, and concerns about what daily life looks like after the worst is over. 
  • As in all other frown lists, I miss my family and friends. 
I don't know what the future holds. Trying desperately to count our blessings through all the difficult minutes and unknowns. Trying to honor my feelings, live in them, reflect on them, and move forward. Trying to compliment more than remind.

Stay safe all <3 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear School Board Members

Bikini Body Mommy and Diastasis Recti

Drugs AREN'T funny