COVID-19 Home Life: Week Four

Is it really true that we've been staying home for four weeks?! 

In most regards, this has felt vvvveeerrryyy long, but the days do go by fast and we are busy. Part of my surprise is the fact that I'm still standing. I remember when the stay home, stay safe order went in to effect on March 14th. I told myself I could totally do this for two weeks and then I would probably fall apart. Then, as time continues to go on, I think I can make it another week or two before I'll really lose it. 

I'm still here. 

What I've realized is that this whole experience is more of a roller coaster than a run to a finish line. Sometimes I'm feeling successful, positive, and able to handle everything one minute and then the next I feel like I'm completely undone. So instead of trying to make it to some arbitrary date before losing all my marbles, I lose them periodically on any given day at any given moment ;) The positive side of this is that I am making it, day by day, hour by hour- my kids are safe, they are learning, they are happy. I can do this, we can do this. 

Here are some smiles and frowns from week four: 

SMILES:
  • Signs for spring- greener grass, later sunsets, trees budding, etc
  • Since this was technically spring break, Josh took most of Wednesday off when the weather was beautiful and we got lost in the woods and spent almost the whole day outside 
  • House dance parties
  • Rare moments when the boys play together in harmony 
  • Carter was sad to miss his Easter party at preschool so we had a whole Easter Party Day with a lot of eggcellent activities
  • Treat making- we cannot stop making desserts
  • Magna-tile building: boys hadn't gotten those out in a little while, but this week they built a lot together
  • Judah and Carter earned their next belts in taekwondo- their teacher is working hard to do zoom classes twice a week
  • Spending time this week learning about Holy Week
  • "seeing" friends and family virtually
  • Working on life skills like wiping your own butt, tying your own shoe, cutting up food, microwave safety etc

FROWNS:
  • I miss my family terribly
  • It's hard not having things to look forward to and upcoming things on the horizon
  • A grocery store trip that took me 4 hours
  • My boys are sick of each other- there's been a LOT of arguing 
  • The seesaw weather- I'm finding that the weather matters even more to me now than it usually does because it truly affects my mood
  • Arts and crafts that go south (truth be told, I actually hate arts and crafts)
  • Eating too many sweets ;) 
  • I am DESPERATE for a date with Josh- it's hard not knowing when that can happen
  • We need some haircuts... bad. I'm going to have to try to do it and no one is going to want to see what happens when I do
I'm going to come out the other side of this with four girls and a husband that looks like Sasquatch 

I read this week a little short piece from a blogger giving permission for everyone to acknowledge that "your hard is hard." People will have it harder than you, people will have it easier than you, but your place in life right now is real and it's okay to feel however you feel within it. I needed to read that. Hope you're all giving yourself grace to feel however you feel and to take care of your people at home <3 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear School Board Members

Bikini Body Mommy and Diastasis Recti

Drugs AREN'T funny