CHEESE and Other Yum Yums

End of October/Early November 2012:
Somewhere in Limbo, waiting for week 12 doctor's appointment

People always talk about weird pregnancy eating habits during first trimester.  The very few people in our life that know we are pregnant always ask me how I'm feeling and ask me about food and what I've been eating.  I decided to write this blog so that I could remember how I've been feeling in these early stages and what's been going on with me and food :)

I've definitely had interesting 'anytime' sickness.  I haven't been able to pinpoint a pattern, but there are times throughout the day, several, where I do not feel great.  I haven't puked, thank God, and I honestly don't see myself doing that.  I would do just about ANYTHING to avoid throwing up. 

I do find myself not feeling great right before and right after eating.  The during part of eating has been strange too.  I will be enjoying a feast of something and then suddenly, I will have to push my plate away and walk away from it.  It will go from the most amazing thing I've ever tasted to the worst in a heartbeat.  Josh, the amazing man that he is, has been having to clean up most of our dinners because I can't be in the same room with anything leftover from what I just ate.

Also, I've been noticing that I can only eat something once and then can't eat it for a while..several days, a week maybe.  I love having leftovers so that's been an adjustment. 

Here are some foods I've been LOVING and some I've been disgusted by...

LOVING:
  • Cheese: I will eat ANYTHING with cheese on it; cheese bread, pizza, mac and cheese, cheese and crackers, slices of cheese plain, grilled cheese (you get the idea)
  • Arby's: I must have some of my mother in law in me because I hear she ate that all the time with her third pregnancy (Lance).  Josh and I have had a few trips there to pick me up a Beef and Cheddar (shocking, cheese again)
  • Spaghettios....yum!
  • Spaghetti with my family's homemade secret sauce.  Thank God the babies have been wanting me to have that because they will eat it for their entire life :)
No Thank You:
  • Salads....I could not be more disgusted by salad dressing. The other day I gagged just looking through the choices in our fridge.  This has not helped me get a lot of veggies into my system. 
  • Desserts...this has shocked me.  As a HUGE dessert lover of all kinds, I figured I'd love that stuff while pregnant.  Things like ice cream aren't doing it for me. 
I have to share though that I have been SOOOOO thankful to have this 'anytime' sickness; in fact, I pray for it.  To me, feeling like a "normal" pregnant person gives me so much hope that things are okay.  My favorite days are days that I am exhausted and sick.  I am honored and appreciative to be feeling this way. 

Keep praying, keep hoping...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear School Board Members

Bikini Body Mommy and Diastasis Recti

Drugs AREN'T funny