FAITH

- F A I T H -
Faith sees the invisible,
believes the incredible,
and receives the impossible.

About a year ago, I found out I was pregnant.  About a year ago, I was bleeding on picture day and feared another miscarriage was imminent. 

And almost exactly a year ago, I sat in the ultrasound room staring at TWO little gray ovals and listening to TWO distinct, strong heartbeats.  I was only pregnant 6.5 weeks.

As I walk out of Nolan and Judah's room as they lay sleeping soundly for their 1pm nap, a smile glows on my face knowing how truly amazing God is. 

Recently my boys got baptized into the Catholic Church.  I know a huge responsibility falls on parents to be the best and most prominent example of faith in their children's lives.  Josh and I accept this responsibility gladly and understand the weight and impact of it.

Their baptism was wonderful.  It was a beautiful day, the boys' behavior was amazing (no crying at all), and I was able to celebrate turning 30 in the best way I could imagine: acknowledging two new Christians into this world surrounded by our family. 

My faith helped me, even in my darkest, most hopeless moments, to see the invisible, most incredible, and sometimes seemingly impossible dream of becoming a mom.  There are countless examples every single day that affirm for me that God exists, that God answers prayers, and that God has plans for each and every one of us. 

I will continue to serve Him, praise Him, and raise my boys to know Him.   


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear School Board Members

Bikini Body Mommy and Diastasis Recti

Drugs AREN'T funny