Quit Stealing Our Thunder, You Royals!

During these three pregnancies, I've been competing for fan fair, paparazzi exposure, press coverage, and general cultural obsession with Kate Middleton, Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Cambridge.

Although my pregnancies have produced many similarities and many differences, one constant has been that this gal has been right on my tail every.single.time.  Our stories and timeline have been corresponding all the way back before either one of us had any children... 

I remember, as I was struggling with infertility, reading headlines in the gossip magazines about Kate and William and when they were going to have kids.  Is she pregnant?  Does she have reproductive issues?  Magazines were speculating a lot, because they had been married for about one minute without producing any children (insert eye roll).  There were a lot of rumors published about her having issues getting pregnant.  I remember thinking, Geez.  I feel really sorry for her.  

I was getting asked a lot when Josh and me were gong to have kids and why we hadn't yet and what we were waiting for.  Truly, behind the scenes, we were working our freaking butts off to try to become parents having all kinds of issues and setbacks.  At least I wasn't being written about in magazines-how annoying that must've been for them (whether they ended up having any fertility struggles or not).

Then, when I was pregnant with Nolan and Judah, she announced being pregnant with her first child and the world became obsessed!  Baby watch for the prince or princess was everywhere and people were speculating about it constantly.  Obviously, twin baby watch was in full swing as well ;)  My boys were born in May, Prince George was born in July.  We were both parents- hooray!  

When I was very newly pregnant with Carter, I remember reading Kate Middleton announcing her pregnancy.  Her pregnancy was "out" so early because of her hyperemesis gravidarum (a rare acute morning sickness that's resulted in her needing to be hospitalized).   I thought, Sheesh,  everyone is going to be on royal baby watch at the same time all the fans are on Hundt Baby watch yet again.  9 months later, Princess Charlotte was born the DAY BEFORE our own prince- Carter Hundt.  The paparazzi for both of us was on another level.  

You can imagine, last fall, how my jaw dropped when Kate Middleton announced her third pregnancy when I too was newly pregnant yet again.  You've GOT to be kidding me.  It was speculated, as they never shared a due date, that #RoyalBaby3 would be born in late April/early May.  HELLO?! #HundtBaby4 would hope to arrive in early May.  Geez.  You can't make this stuff up.

She has always announced her pregnancies before I've announced mine, which makes me wonder why she continually needs to steal my thunder?!  Doesn't she get enough press without having to steal mine?! I know all our fans are very dedicated, but come on- get a life, Kate ;)    

I guess I will always feel a kind of kinship to her as our kids grow up.  We went through the journey of pregnancy right along side one another.  It's crazy how we could've been so close each time.  Not to mention, she, just like me, looks so radiant only hours after giving birth.  I too have my hair blown out, makeup done, and am out waving to my fans in a fancy dress just hours after all of my births.  Ask Josh.  I look like freaking sunshine ;) 


Congrats new Royal Baby Boy!  You came just in time for all the crowds to leave St. Mary's Hospital in London to travel across the pond to Sparrow Hospital in Lansing just waiting to see when #HundtBaby4 will arrive.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear School Board Members

Bikini Body Mommy and Diastasis Recti

Drugs AREN'T funny