- one of my best friends got engaged
- my youngest sister graduated from high school
- my sister Colleen had a birthday
- several people in my life are expecting...some after having been trying for a long time or suffered miscarriages like me
- my amazing husband turned 29!
- we celebrated my grandmother's 90th birthday
|Grandma Ort blowing kisses to all of us before she blows out her candles|
One of my cousins has a new addition to their family, an adorable baby girl. She was born right around the same time my first due date would have been. Many of my family members wanted to get their hands on her, of course, and my mom was one of them. My mom is the most amazing mom and is going to be the most amazing grandmother some day. I know she's wanted to be a grandma since Josh and I got married (although she never pushed or pressured I have to add). The happiness she felt when I told her I was pregnant both times and the extreme sadness and sorrow when I lost both babies was just as real as my happiness and sorrow. Seeing her with my cousin's baby made me think about how happy we would all be if she was walking around with my baby and how lucky my kids are going to be to have a grandma like her. I looked at her in a different light in that moment and then came the tears. Inappropriate I told myself; Why are you crying? You're just getting to a better place with all of this! I tried for several minutes to talk myself out of how I was feeling.
(Okay yes, I'm harder on myself than anyone else could be on me)
|Us with Grandma Ort :)|
|Pavona family June 2012|